Friday, May 7, 2010

Finalizing The Logo


Someone suggested that my logo idea resembled Betty Boop too closely, So I began playing with some of my other emblem ideas. I went for the little girl idea but I've decided that I don't think this character represents me as an artist. I also think that this character looks too generic. So I went back to my original concept.



I've looked over my emblem and it seemed to me that the similarities lie in the color scheme that I chose. The grayscale look that I originally gave to the Shh Girl may have caused it to look very similar to Betty Boop. Although I did not use Betty as a reference for my concept I decided to go with more of a purple color. But now that she has more color the emblem is far too busy.

I deleted the legs in order to allow the name to stand out more in the emblem



Then I gave the emblem a striped halo to really make the word pop and to bring the word and the Shh Girl together. I think it's finally coming around, however, I would still like to experiment with more ideas.









No comments:

Post a Comment